- Yield : Servings: 4
- Medium chicken - cut into preferred size pieces
- onion, chopped fi nely - 1 small
- tomato, liquefied with one cup water - 1 large
- chopped bell pepper - 1 tbs
- ginger paste - 1 tsp
- garlic paste - 1 tsp
- salt - 1 level tsp
- water - 5 cups
- oil - 1/3 cup
- onion, chopped - 1 large
- bell pepper chopped - 1 tbs
- chili, chopped - 1 green
- garlic paste - 1/2 tsp
- ginger paste - 1/2 tsp
- turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- ground cumin seeds - 1 level tsp
- ground corriander seeds - 1 level tsp
- cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp
- fennel powder - 1/4 tsp
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- tomato sauce (8oz) - 1 can
- tomato ketchup - 2 tbs
- cinnamon powder (optional) - 1/4 tsp
- potatoes,peeled, washed and cut into bite-size pieces - 2
- water - 1 cup
rencontres gsm Clean the chicken with warm water and discard the
skin and the clinging fat.
Add 5 cups water, tomato liquid, ginger, garlic, salt
and chopped onion.
Cook the chicken pieces in this liquid until tender,
stirring frequently. Keep aside.
Heat 1/3 cup oil in a saucepan and saute onions until
Add potatoes, bell pepper, chopped chili, ginger,
garlic, turmeric, cumin, corriander, cardamom, fennel
and salt. Stir and add one cup water.
Add remaining broth from the cooked chicken. Cover
the pan and let the mixture simmer on medium heat
until the potatoes are cooked, stirring frequently.
Add the canned tomato sauce, ketchup and cooked chicken
pieces. Sprinkle cinnamon powder if preferred.
Simmer the curry on low heat for 5 minutes and adjust
the taste. Serve with rice, bread, paratha or rotis.